Thursday, January 26, 2006

Learning to let go


I've come to know about one of the most important lessons in life. There are certain things in life that we have to learn to let go. The things include childhood dreams. Let me just tell you a little story about myself...

Since young (around primary school age), i had always wanted to become a lawyer. The legal profession has always been my first choice when it comes to ambitions. There were no specific or logical reasons of why would i wanna become a lawyer so badly when i was young. It's like a childhood dream. And yup, this dream has been haunting me since then. Well, maybe it's because of the many episodes of Ally Mcbeal, maybe it's due to the social expectations towards lawyers that one would gain social respect and good social status if one were to become a lawyer, maybe it's just a very strong childhood dream or ambition......

And today (this morning to be exact), I've learnt that some of our childhood dreams are not meant to be fulfilled, just as some things in life are best to be left behind. Things changed, people changed, so have I, so have my childhood dream. Actually i know what i really want for myself, just that my childhood dream is preventing me from achieving it. I can't let this childhood dream of mine to haunt me down anymore. It's time for me to let go of this childhood dream, it's time for me to pursue what i really want in life, it's time... it's time...

All this while, i guess i was holding on too tightly to this childhood dream of mine of becoming a lawyer. It was tough to let go of this dream/ambition of mine because I was so attached to it that it seems impossible for me to let go. Sometimes, i guess it's good to let go... And sometimes it's so hard to see what is in the other hand but i do believe in this one thing -- God will never take away something without giving you something better in its place. I believe God is still doing good to me as I've finally decided what i really want in life.

A BIG THANK YOU to Miss Ong Kay Yin *muaccccksssss!! hugggggggssss!!* for making me to realize where my potential is. *dun laugh kayyin* You're such a rare friend to have. What a precious gem! And so, i shall proudly proclaim that nobody can understand me any better than how kayyin does. She understands me the most in this whole entire universe i must say. She understands me inside out. This paragraph is specially dedicated to you kay yin, i know you're reading this... I LOVE YOU LOTS! If Cinderella's godmother were to grant me a wish, i would wish for an airticket to fly to New York to give u a big GIGANTIC hug!! ;) Was extremely touched by your phone call last night. Missed talking to you like hell, that was why i was so hyper when we were talking for 2 hours non-stop over the phone. *grins*

Friends are like stars,
Not always seen,
But they're always there for you.
=)
Since i've come to a decision on what i really wanna pursue, I shall go all out for it. I shall make no rooms for regrets this time. All i need is His guidance and blessings plus loads of confidence in myself. I must tell myself : I CAN DO THIS!!!
Life is like a piano, what you get out of it, depends on how you play it!
Very true indeed... I shall live my life according to this quote from this moment onwards. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home