Thursday, May 31, 2007

It is only the beginning.

The end. The end is always a beginning of something new, as they always say. It is true to a certain extent, at least in my case. Today's the last day of the month of May, and today also marks the last day of my 1st year 2nd semester. Means i've completed my 1st Year of uni. And also, it's the beginning of the exam period, starting from next Friday onwards.

*eyes wide-opened*


Got back my journalism 2nd assignment. Did very badly for it. Just a pass (Yes i know, i have high expectations for myself to do well). Oh wells, i just gotta study extra harder for the final exam. Damn it. Hardnews writing is SO NOT ME. Feature writing IS. Oh well, i guess i express myself better in a more descriptive and lyrical way of writing. That's my style. ;)


Yesterday was the opposite of today. Got back my media studies major assignment (which is worth a whooping 40% of the whole course) and i got my first HD! HD as in High Distinction, the highest one can ever get in terms of marks. I felt elated and was basically euphoric and soaked in exhilaration. "Nothing is impossible", that's what i always believe in. (:


Life is weird, or should i say strange. One day you feel as though you're on cloud nine, and the next day you'll find yourself falling flat on your face without any warnings. Rollercoaster ride? Definitely man. So better make sure you have your seatbelts on before you close your eyes and scream your lungs out. It's not nice to realize that you've fell flat on your face after that, trust me.


"Even the best fall down sometimes...Even the stars refuse to shine." There are good days and bad days. Yesterday was good. Today isn't that good. Tomorrow will be better. I hope. :/


As for now, the only thing i can afford to do now is to solely concentrate on my exams (3 papers!) and hopefully I can achieve what i wanna achieve. Will be keeping my fingers crossed from today onwards.


Need to brush up on my Contemporary Worlds knowledge. Think key terms like Glasnost, Iron Curtain, Gorbachev, Atlantic Charter, Blitzkrieg, Bolshevik, Four Freedoms, Fourteen Points, and Dekulakisation. That's what Contemporary Worlds One is all about. And boy, i'm aiming for a D for this subject overall. Wish me luck!


As for media studies, I'm hoping and aiming for a HD. So wish me luck too!

Must get at least a C or better still a D (if i'm really lucky) for Newsroom Practice and Theory. Wish me luck for this paper as well!


As for American Music, the exam was one week ago. Pretty okay i would say. Just hope that everything goes well for my 2nd assignment, that's the most important thing. And yup, i'm hoping for a D as well.


*keeping all her fingers and toes crossed for all her subjects*


See? I'm so kiasu. Ooooohhh La La.

*chanting a prayer*


Today ain't that bad after all, at least i got my Baskins. Thank God For Baskins Robbins. Good ice-cream makes me a happy girl once again. ;)


"Study smart, not hard."


P.S.: Might not blog that frequently since my first paper is on next Friday. If you happen to be lucky, you might see a new post. If not, you'll see a new post after my exams which is on the 15th of June. For the time being, please be good people! 15th of June is not too far away... till then!



"If you don't see me, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - Jim Carrey in The Truman Show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home