Saturday, April 21, 2007

let the music set you free

Was at Esplanade Theatre with 33's sis - mei shyuan and my sis last Saturday. The theatre was good, everything from the lightings, sound systems, acoustic abilities, the ceiling, the carpeted floor, to the seats. World-class standard indeed. There wasn't any dress code for the matinee show, therefore everyone was dressed in a smart casual way - jeans, shirts, skirts, casual dresses, spaghetti tops. Just no slippers and shorts. It's understood.


Indeed, the chandelier dropped from the ceiling, but it didn't crash. That was quite a scene though. All of them were really G-R-E-A-T singers, and not to forget, great actors as well. Costumes were very elaborated, very colourful, and looks expensive. No particular favourite scene though, as every scene was my favourite scene. It was that good. Overall, it was a phan-tastic performance. =)


As i'm typing this, i'm listening to the soundtrack of Phantom of the Opera. Yes, i haven't really gotten over it yet. The music is still kinda stuck in my head. Anyhow, i'm already back in the super-congested Kuala Lumpur since Monday. Everything's good except for the fact that I have one assignment due next Wednesday and the second wave of assignment is approaching which i have to pass up 3 assignments in two weeks' time. Gawd. I'm starting to feel stressed out already. -.-


Some random stuff:
My woman, who is in London till end of July will be buying a pair of skinny jeans from London for me. And maybe Topshop panties. Can't wait!

Happy belated birthday to my other woman who is in the States! She just turned 21 on Monday. Called her and managed to talk to her the other day, and i can sense that she was touched by my call. Heh.

I miss my women. I need them. Especially these two. =(


FASTER COME BACK, BOTH OF YOU.




Everyone wears a mask to hide their flaws, so that nobody can find them. No one in this world is perfect.




8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The chandelier didn't drop fast enough though for the show I caught. Was more like a "flag" lowering ceremony instead. Haiz...Anti-climax. I do however think that the cast's performance was not bad overall.The costumes, music and props were great! (Thumbs up)I really really like Brad Little's Phantom. I am so glad I didn't have to walk away hoping that it was Crawford's phantom instead. Christine's performance was lacklustre though.

Anyhow, one scene particularly touched me. That's when Christine kissed phantom. Honestly, I feel sooooooooooooo soooooooo soooooo sorry for Phantom then;that act was to me,purely out of sympathy. Really truly condescending. An honest tender loving act was probably all Phantom ever yearned for and needed. It's the right act here performed by the right person, yet it's entirely of the WRONG quality. Sigh....utterly devastating.

10:02 PM 
Blogger Yina said...

so Mr Anonymous, when did you watch the phantom of the opera? We watched it on the 14th of April. We sat at Circle 3. Damn crowded man. How bout u?

10:25 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't catch it on the 14th. Mine was a foyer seat. The view was pretty decent. Of course, it would have been great had a "Box5" been reserved for me that evening. :)...hehe, just too bad i don't "own" a theatre like OG did.

10:00 PM 
Blogger edt said...

the phantom's performance was really really captivating man. Didnt like christine's voice though lol

11:45 PM 
Blogger Yina said...

To Mr. Anonymous:
I oso wish i had a "Box 5" seat that day. Hehe. Btw, may i know ur name please? PLEASE?


To Edwin:
You didn't like christine's voice? hmm. you shared the same view as my sister. hehe. and yup, the performance was REALLY captivating. really worth our money.

12:44 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, Yina. I have my reasons for not telling you who I am. I could have come up with some name to make you happy, but that would be so deceitful.I can't do that. Sorry. Please allow me to stay anonymous for the time being.

8:19 PM 
Blogger Yina said...

To Mr. Anonymous:
Alright then. I shall let u stay anonymous for the time being. But till when? I don't like to be kept in suspense too, hope you understand.

11:28 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand and I am sorry about it.

When God grants me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change, and the courage to change the things I can, I will let you know who I am.

12:27 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home