Saturday, March 3, 2007

let us pray

God will make a way
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me
He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength for each new day
He will make a way
He will make a way


By a roadway in the wilderness
He'll lead me
And rivers in the desert will I see
Heaven and earth will fade
But His word will still remain
He will do something new today.



I pray you'll be our eyes
And watch us where we go
And help us to be wise
In times when we don't know

Let this be our prayer

As we go our way
Lead us to a place
Guide us with your Grace
To a place where we'll be safe

I'm back in Johor Bahru for the weekend. This time, for my father. He's having a bypass (open-heart) surgery right now as i'm typing this. He's only 52 this year, i'm sure he can make it through the operation. For those of you who know/don't know him, please pray for him.


The smell of the hospital, the sight of so many machines attached to him, the monitor that shows his heartbeat, the sound of his heartbeat, the sight of just seeing him lying down there on the hospital bed in a purple-coloured robe, the words - Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU), the doctors, the nurses, the surgeons, everything... It's just too much for me to bear.




='(




"Yina, be strong", that's what my dad told me when i held his hand.




I'm sure you'll be fine, dad. Everyone's praying for you right now. Your family, your children, your relatives, your friends, your priests. Everyone.




"I shall surrender to God", that's what my dad said before he was wheeled into the operation theatre.


Will be praying for your safety. Lord, receive our prayer.


Amen.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Father in heaven,

It is my deepest wish that You will bless Yina's dad with safety and a speedy recovery from the heart op. Lord, please let him be well and healthy once again. May You also grant Yina, her mum and siblings the strength to endure through this very tough time. I really hope that everything will be alright once again for the Lim family.

Amen.

11:41 PM 
Blogger Long Legs said...

oh my gosh .. things happen but you gotta stay strong ..

selina

8:07 AM 
Blogger Yina said...

to anonymous: thanks a lot for your prayer. God is kind. My father's condition has improved. Thanks be to God.

p.s. i would like to know who are you, Mr/Miss Anonymous. =)


to Selina: thanks selina. I will stay strong.

11:17 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really glad to know that your father's condition has improved. That's great! :)

Hey, don't worry about who I am.
It's not important. What's important is that all is well.

11:43 PM 
Blogger Yina said...

To Mr/Miss Anonymous: I really really really really wanna know who are you. Please?

11:57 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay strong, may god bless your family and everyone.

12:56 AM 
Blogger Yina said...

Thanks e.t.... but you are?

10:59 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I am but a loathsome gargoyle, who burns in hell, but secretly yearns for heaven. Secretly... secretly..."

Ha,I am just kidding. Am in the midst of reading and got carried away. I am but just someone who enjoys reading your blog :)

12:21 AM 
Blogger Yina said...

Mr/Miss Anonymous: Do i know you personally? Or do you know me in real life?

I need hints. Please? ;)

12:43 AM 
Blogger Charlene the Candy Witch said...

I know you might find it weird that I actually left you a note. But, your mom and my mom were ex-classmates after all. I hope your dad gets better each day and stay strong as your family needs you more than anyone else. take good care.

8:49 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yina, I don't think you know me. We haven't met before actually.
It's just that someone close to you has once crossed path with me and left an everlasting impression.
So,don't worry about who I am. It's not important.

9:20 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe, it doesn't matter who am I. But it matters when blessings were gave and u accept and appreciate it. =)

11:21 PM 
Blogger edt said...

hey, really sorry to hear what have happened.

it's really true that god works in incredible ways that we cant see, and we'll never seem to understand.

stay strong, i'll be praying for ur dad and ur family. Take care.

1:41 AM 
Blogger Yina said...

To the queen of cloud:
Thanks charlene. Very sweet of you to leave a message here for me. =)


To Miss/Mr Anonymous:
U left a hint for me? Hmm.. Anyway, i'm really curious to know who are you. And i'll be really pleased to find out from you. So? =)


To e.t.:
My dad's better... thanks for your prayer. =)


To dacrapster:
Thanks for your prayer, Edwin. As you've said, God is always incredible and great. Hopefully my dad will be able to attend the Easter mass in one month's time. ;)

10:35 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home