Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Chinatown rocks

So I was at Chinatown with the family (excluding my bro coz he's working part-time) yesterday. The crowd was crazy but nevertheless we had an enjoyable time there. I was busy taking photos and thus i was acting like a tourist. o.O Haha.





Before that, we were at my uncle's condo at Bukit Timah. Went to visit my grandma. Gosh, i love their golden retriever! The dog's head is bigger than mine, the eyes are also bigger than mine. Aww!

We reached chinatown around 5.45pm. The weather was perfect - breezy and not-too-hot. Just nice for us to squeeze ourselves through the maddening crowd. =) And guess what, we found Singapore's most famous Bak Kwa. The queue was unbelieveable!





Chinatown was filled with lots of red-coloured decorations. The colour RED represents prosperity. And thus the Lunar New Year is all about getting prosper and rich and fat.






There were lots of cheap bargains, especially those assorted candies from Taiwan. The stall owners were giving out candies to the crowd FOR FREE. Maybe there's no demand for such candies? Haha. But it tasted quite good. ;)



As we walked along, we noticed A LOT of pigs. No doubt, it's the Year of the Golden Pig.




We were at Chinatown till night time. Didn't get to take pictures at night because the camera's battery went flat. Too bad. The scene at Chinatown was obviously nicer at night, with those colourful lightings and lighted decorations.

It was worth our time making a trip to Chinatown this year. Got a real cheap silk nightdress at S$5 for myself. Hehe. My mum bought all the typical CNY food stuff. My dad got himself a pair of uber cool transparent reading glasses! Haha.

Till then, although i have been to Chinatown, but i can't feel the festive CNY mood within myself. Oh well, I don't really feel the CNY mood every year anyway. o.O

p.s.: 12 more days to the Lunar New Year. Ooo..Laaa...Laaa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home