Sunday, December 31, 2006

My relationship with 2006 – The Year That Was.


2006. What a word. What a year. 2006 has been an eventful year, at least to me. There were lots of ups and downs in 2006, good news and the occasionally not-so-good news. If I were to describe 2006 in a few words, I can proudly proclaim that 2006 is nothing but just a rollercoaster ride. You yelled at the top of your lungs when you needed to, and you grabbed and held onto the railings when you were in the midst of difficulties. Well, things always happen when you least expected them to happen, this is life for me during the whole of 2006. As quoted from the movie ‘Forrest Gump’, life is just a box of chocolates, you would never know what is gonna happen the next moment. How true indeed.


A few things that made 2006 a rollercoaster ride for me :

- A-levels results were out. And it sucked. Badly. And it was (is still) a great blow to me.

- Working as a credit control officer for 2 months in Citibank Singapore Ltd has given a chance for me to earn big (at least to me) bucks. My colleagues were all very friendly and nice people. My boss and supervisors were kind enough to me. I sincerely thank God for this wonderful (although stressful) working experience.

- Being rejected by 2 top universities in Singapore – NUS and NTU. Meaning, I stand NO chance AT ALL to enter NUS and NTU. It was my first time experiencing the taste of rejection in my life. And boy, this feeling sucked. A lot.

- Granted admission by Monash University Malaysia. It marked the start of my new phase of life – University life. Met some really nice people in Monash. And till today, I thank God to have them in my life.

- Got my first laptop. Acer brand. Not those high-end laptops, but I’m still satisfied with it. At least I have my own personal laptop now. However, I’m still wishing for a Sony Vaio.

- Being able to study for only 4 months within the whole of 2006. The rest of the 8 months was spent rotting and idling my time away. No complaints though. Hah.

- Broke up with The Boyfriend once. Or twice. I forgot to keep count. It was heart-wrenching. And I was amazed at the amount of tears I had. Not to forget, I was always emo with The Boyfriend but yet he is trying to love me more and understand me better. I sincerely thank God to have him in my life. And shall try not to take him for granted anymore. I promise.

- Pampered myself with a spanking brand new iPod Nano 4GB in sexy black colour. There goes my hard-earned money. No regrets though. =)

- Being able to pursue a degree in communications (or mass communications) in Monash University. I feel lucky for this, as I’m able to do what I wanna do in life.

*reflections*

With 2007 a couple more hours away from us, I seriously hope that 2007 would be a better year. For all of us. May 2007 be a blessed year. No wars, no crimes, no man-made disasters, no natural disasters. Just peace.


As for me, hopefully i'll gain more weight, get straight-D grades for all my subjects(D as in Distinction), save more money, be more healthy, and not to forget, be a better person, better daughter, and a better girlfriend. This roughly sums up my 2007 New Year Resolutions. Hehe.


A toast to an eventful 2006. Thank you 2006, for those unforgettable yet memorable experiences.


May 2007 bring us joy and hope in abundance. Cheers!

*glasses clicking against each other*

In less than 7 hours, there would be a NYE pot-luck party at my house. It is time to let our hair down. For the last time in 2006. I guess i should go help to prepare the food now, and for the time being, HAPPY NEW YEAR !! I'm sure 2007 would be a better year for all of us. ;)


Till next year, enjoy and savour this last day of 2006. (:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home