Monday, March 12, 2007

so far so good

Life over here right now is pretty good based on the fact that i've met up with my bunch of A-level friends at MidValley on Saturday and also not forgetting giving a birthday treat to my beloved woman at the Dragon-i at One-U. Meeting up with super old friends (Ian and William) together with my beloved woman (again) at Williams on Saturday night. I have to say that Williams is a darn expensive mamak. Imagine this : 3 dishes, 4 ice-blended drinks cost RM85. Unreasonable, no? Even though the dinner's on Ian, but i still felt the pinch. *ouch*


Won't be able to meet up with my beloved woman till end of July. =( She's leaving for London this Saturday and will be there for one semester. Lucky woman. Get me a Paddington Bear alright? I don't mind if it's a belated birthday present. *evil laughter*


She won't read this entry anyway. *sticks out tongue*


By the way, today is the release of SPM results. My bro got his results already, and well, it wasn't good, it wasn't that bad either. As long as he can gain entry into Singapore Poly and study what he wants to study, he'll be happy. Good luck with the poly application, dude!


Oh well. Time to talk a bit about my subjects i'm taking this semester:


MEDIA STUDIES
- I love the lecturer, Dr Yeoh. His lectures are damn interesting, always relating to sexuality.
- I hate the reader. And yet i have to force myself to read.
- My presentation's next week! Assignment is due in 2 weeks time!

CONTEMPORARY WORLDS 1
- Again, I love the lecturer, Dr Helen. She's very, very knowledgeable. She knows me pretty well as she was my 'partner' during the orientation arts transition programme. So yup, that explains.
- This subject is chim, chim, chim! Super chim. All about World History (Irwin's gonna love this subject).
- Assignment due in 2 weeks time!

NEWSROOM THEORY AND PRACTISE
- The lecturer's long-winded. His lectures can put you to sleep. Enough said.
- One of my least favourite lecturers in Monash so far.
- I prefer feature writing to writing hardnews stories.
- Oh well, at least it's still writing. =)
- Assignment due in 3 weeks time!

AMERICAN MUSIC AND POPULAR CULTURE
- Don't really like the lecturer because she mumbles to herself.
- Pretty interesting subject, but i'm starting to doubt that it's easy.
- All we do during our tutorials is to listen, listen, and listen to various genres of music.
- Concert review assignment due in 3 weeks time!


It's dinner time. I can smell the chicken and cabbage soup already. Photos will be posted in the next post. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home